What is Pilates?
A mind-body exercise that targets muscles that support good posture, improves balance, strengthens the back and increases flexibility. The focus of Pilates is to develop a body that moves with ease and grace. No matter what your age or fitness level, this is for you!
What are theBenefits?
Pilates helps increase strength and flexibility, lengthen the body, and align the spine. In addition, because it helps to build a strong core in the abdominal area, it can relieve and prevent back pain.
Who does it Benefit?
- Those who want a workout and want to leave filled with energy for your day
- Those who often experience an achy back
- Those who want to strengthen and tighten the lower abdominal area after having children
- Those who want exercises to incorporate into everyday life including driving
- Those who want to reduce stress in life through breath and movement
WHAT IS THE COST?
Unlike expensive Gym memberships where you pay dues regardless of whether you attend or not, our Fitness classes have no monthly fees or contracts- we use punch-cards. That way you can attend when it's convenient to your schedule. Introductory Punch Card Offer: 6 Classes for $42, One Class Drop In: $15. Current students can use the same punch-cards they use for Cardio Kickboxing and our other fitness classes.
About the Teacher
Tami Parker is a student and Instructor of Martial Arts with 15 years of experience and holds the rank of 3rd degree Black Belt. She has passionately studied Pilates for the past 9 years and is a STOTT PILATES trained instructor.
Tuesday’s at 9:30 a.m.: : Pilates with Props
Friday's at 8:15 AM: Pilates on the Ball